You need permission to reproduce our images. Here’s how to apply.
Please send an e-mail to let us know as many of the following things that may be appropriate to your project, and will help us to understand your needs:
- Which images would you like to use?
- Are the images being used for branding?
- What kind of a project is it (merchandise; packaging; promotional; advertising…)?
- What is the name of your project?
- How many will be made?
- Where will it be distributed?
- Who is the publisher, sponsor or company producing the project?
- What is the nature of the publisher, sponsor or company (commercial/corporate/charity…)?
- If you are proposing to publish the same material in more than one form, what are the details (including web address)?
Please don't forget to let us know about your deadline and tell us your postal address!
- We will then reply, to let you know if permission is available.
- We will also let you know how much it is going to cost.
- If you confirm you order in writing and provide full payment, we will fulfil your order as quickly as possible and supply the images with a license to use them in your project.
- The specific terms of the licence are set out in the invoice (you'll need to get further permission if you want to use the images in any other way) while the general terms are spelt out carefully in our terms & conditions.
Filming at the Gallery
The Gallery is a sought-after location, with a range of interesting and beautiful spaces to offer, including the Café, where panoramic windows look out over Russel Square.
The Gallery’s many and varied rooms of portraits on display offer vivid settings for discussions of British history, as well as providing authoritative illustrations of key figures from the past 50 years.
If you would like to film at the Gallery, please contact our locations team to discuss details of your proposed project.
It is important to make firm arrangements in advance, so we can work around the Gallery’s busy schedule, deal with important formalities, and help you achieve your creative goals.